[AT] PORTLAND CAMPING UPDATE

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Aug 3 11:49:40 PDT 2004

>     Many of the campers have upgraded their facilities to motor homes and
> larger
>travel trailers. We will have to make the most efficient use of our space to
>accomodate everyone and their personal vehicles. My thoughts are to use
>the area
>across the bridge for campers not requiring electricity and for our personal
>vehicles. I would like your feedback on this arrangement.

Sounds like a plan... (more below)

>     Also, we would like to set up some small demonstrations in our
> exhibit area.
>If possible, we would like to have items like grist mills, corn shellers,
>grain
>cleaners and maybe a buzz saw. Check your lofts and neighbors for anything you
>have that may be of interest. Have a small flat drive belt? Bring that along
>too, we may need it.
>     Chris has worked hard for us every year and he deserves our
> cooperation and
>I have promised as many volunteers as I can muster to help with show
>setup. Hope
>you are all behind me on this.
>     See you all there.
>
>         Gene Dotson A.T.I.S. Wagonmaster

      Just a Portland thought...   In past years we have sometimes become
infested with interlopers in the show area. Just folks looking for a place
to park their tractors and not knowing that we set up together as a group
in that location. Is it possible that since we are going to set some stuff
up that the area (and maybe a little more) could be roped off and labeled
as ATIS ?
      I will look around to see if I can find anything else small besides
the buzz saw to bring. We do have Scott's MM sheller that we take to the
living history museum each year but it would require an additional trip
since it takes up most of my tandem trailer. The museum provides us with
ear corn to shell, is there any chance that we could track down some ear
corn? Scott and I plan to pick a load of ear corn this fall but that will
be much later.
      Even with just parked tractors I like seeing an implement attached to
them.

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA