[AT] 4020 Carb kit?

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Fri Apr 30 20:45:06 PDT 2004

As I recall, there were at least two makes of carburetors used on the
4020's.  I believe you could have either a Marvel-Schebler or a Zenith(?)  I
also seem to remember that one is considered to be better than the other
one, and one is cheaper to rebuild than the other, but of course, I can't
remember which is which.  I realize this has been of very little help, and
probably will set you into anxiety attacks, worrying about whether you have
the "good" carb or not.  I know that if it was my tractor, it would surely
have the "bad" carb., AND it would cost at least twice what you mentioned to
rebuild it...

Sorry to stir the pot...
Brett Phillips
NW VA