[AT] Pony Carburetor

Carl Tatlock carllary at Surfglobal.net
Tue Apr 20 04:55:47 PDT 2004

Larry Voris wrote:

>Tractor question:
>
>    I have been having trouble keeping my Pony
>running.  The jet would stop up and shut it down.
>I removed the carb and dis-assembled.  I found
>that it was dry from setting all winter and it was
>corroded inside.  Question is, how do I stop the
>corrosion?  It has a  pot metal bowl.
>Thanks
>Larry Voris

Hi Larry--   I have a tip that will work--  For years I have used rattle
can automobile LACQUER (only, no substitute) to "paint" the inside bowl
of carburetors.   Lacquer is impervious to gasoline, so it will not
dissolve it.  Just clean bowl, taking off corrosion best way you can,
wash with lacquer thinner, spray or brush in paint and that's it.    I
did one last year on a Model A Ford-- I have done a dozen of them in
previous years and never had one show any sign of failure.   There are
so many paint formulas on the market today you will have to be sure to
find a LACQUER.    Hope this helps,    Carl in VT