[AT] Mustang/now 'first time start-ups'

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 12:49:54 PDT 2004

The main difference between automotive oil and diesel is that the diesel
which has a C in the type will suspend the carbon from the diesel oil better than
the regular oil. Other than that they are pretty much the same. I see no
reason why one can't use it for both applications.  One thing to always remember is
to use the latest updated oil it cost more but it will protect your engine
better. Never use an oil with a lower spec as you are just moving back in time
and for gods sake never ever use non-detergent oil YUK I still get nightmares
from seeing all that sludge in those old engines.
I think that one should run the brake in oil for a few miles on autos that
500 you can figure out how long it should be on your tractor by hours or times
around the field.  It takes a while for it to collect all those little pieces
of metal and other things that might have escaped your meticulous cleaning. If
one changes it to soon and then leaves the next oil in for too long you may be
defeating the purpose.
Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361