[AT] Fw: [SEL] FATG Needs Help

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sat Apr 17 14:34:56 PDT 2004

The pump for the Cub is unique, and, as far as I know, nothing else can
substitute for it. When you say the pump is "bad", the usual problem is
that there is groove worn in the input shaft from the O ring hardening.
This allows fluid to pass into the engine, emptying the hydraulic system
and filling the engine up. There is a kit available from Case IH that
replaces all the O rings and seals, but there are no repair parts
available for the metal parts. If the groove is not too deep, I suggest
cleaning the area with fine emery paper and replacing the O ring with
one that is slightly thicker to fill up the space. This has worked for
me on at least one such pump.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane