[AT] OT Craftsman Compressor

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Apr 14 14:35:37 PDT 2004

Dudley:

I agree with buying industrial grade compressors.  The Sears stuff just
isn't up to hard usage. I bought a Quincy two stage 5 HP 220V compressor
with 60 gallon tank for sand blasting and painting and it's in the tractor
barn. I have worked the pants off of it at times. Sand Blasting takes a lot
of air. Then I ran on to a brand new Speed Air 220v 5HP with 20 gallon tank
at an auction that was missing a couple parts. I got it really cheap because
nobody wanted to mess with finding the parts and it was 220V vs 110V.  Found
the parts for $10 and am really happy with it in the shop for running air
tools and general shop stuff. The 220V motor really is the way to go on
compressors if you don't need 110V portability.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

CRS = Having a Photographic Memory but a shortage of unused film.

www.deerelegacy.com