[AT] In the right place at the right time :)

Jim Hoffman jslash at execpc.com
Sun Apr 11 10:55:57 PDT 2004

Hi Guys!

  Well, yesterday I took my son(13) to a friend of his who's father
inherited the old family farm in mid-Illinois.  The house is past
repair and will be torn down.  Interesting technique...  They will
dig a *huge* hole push the house in, light the pile on fire and then
bury it after the fire is out.  Anyway...  right next to the house
is a beautiful 40ft antenna tower!  The triangular shaped one w/o
taper.  Just straight 10ft sections.  I guess the last section tapers
down to a single rod for the antenna to mount but all the other sections
are the same size top and bottom.  Very nice!  :)

  Here's the question...  How do I get this thing down?!?  Yes, I'm
afraid of heights and can NOT climb this tower.  It appears to be
buried two feet in the ground and clamped to the house at the eve.
I was thinking of lossening it from the eve and lowering it with a
pully setup.  Anyone done this before??

  I'm looking for suggestions...

:)

TIA!