[AT] Off Topic Ed needs Some Devine Intervention.

Edward Tabor edward.tabor at zoominternet.net
Sat Apr 10 18:58:49 PDT 2004

I am febrile but only at 101.3, but that is because, I sure, I'm taking
975 of tylenol with 15 mg oxycodone (3 percoset) every 4 hours to try to
ease the pain.  I'm an RN as well, and I tried to tell the doc yesterday
that it was infected, he wouldn't listen.  He drew fluid from my knee,
sent it for cultures and gram stain.  He also drew blood, haven't heard
n or been able to get results of the tests.
The suture line has been "healed" since 4/2/04, when the sutures came
out.  At that time I told the doc that the lower suture line looked
infected (red, warm and boggy) and when the suture was pulled out, puss
followed those in question.  When I asked about antibiotics, I was told
to "wait n see."  Docs treat patients like they are STUPID, but if I
kept a tally of every time I "SAVED" a docs ass on the floor, by
catching oddball vitals, or a slipping exam  or the gut feeling that a
seasoned nurse gets that "something isn't right" (ask your wife, she
knows what I mean), they would owe me BIG.

Ed