[AT] Dodge diesel oil filter number

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Apr 10 04:17:55 PDT 2004

> Rob,  I wasn't trying to say you were wrong.  Just trying to understand what
> you were saying.  I'm still not sure I understand how this works.  I'm going
> to have to look at the oil piping a bit more I guess.  BTW I only use the
> real rag stuffed filters anyway.
>
> Charlie

	Charlie, I agree with you on these filters. I don't see one bit of
difference in them no matter what anyone says. My oil pressure on the AC B
tractors, the CA and the D-12 are the same as always. I've had the valve
covers off on quite a few AC tractors also and think all this talk about
poor filters is just that - a bunch of talk.

	For the record, and I have both right here with me as I just went
out to the shop and took both off the shelf, the Wix filter number is 51101
for the filter that fits the AC B tractor and the NAPA Gold number is 1101.
They are both the same filter, both are rag stuffed and both have the
popsickle stick in the center that it is a good idea to remove before
putting the filter on the tractor. ;-) I don't see one bit of difference
between either of these and the old C-159 filter I used to get from  both
Central Tractor and Allis dealers and was made by Fram.

	The B, C and CA tractors fed oil to the rocker arm assembly by
splitting the feed to the filter before it reached the filter from the
oil pump. I always thought the Allis engines got an over abundance of oil
anyhow to the rocker arms assembly and didn't really need but a fraction
of that. When I start to hear stories of people who actually have a problem
with lack of oil to the rocker arm assembly that can be proven to come as
a result of poor filter design I will believe it but not until then.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson