[AT] Dodge diesel oil filter number

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Fri Apr 9 07:27:30 PDT 2004

charlie hill wrote:

> Hi Rob.  I won't argue that point with you as I don't know anything about
> the Wix/AC filter failures BUT one thing I will bet you is this.
> If paper filter technology had been available in 1940 AC would have never
> used those rag packed filters.
>
> Charlie

I'm inclined to think this is probably a true enough statement.  I have
witnessed the drop in oil pressure phenomenon in my AC B using the new
style paper filters.  Agco badged.  I changed to an old cotton packed
Wix filter that I located and that fixed the pressure reading.
Now....having witnessed that and not really knowing what to think of it,
I was wondering......What if you run that new style filter on your V4
Wisconsin?  Mine uses the same filter as the AC but doesn't have an oil
pressure gauge.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA