[AT] another Allis Chalmers question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Apr 6 14:50:56 PDT 2004

Thanks Cecil,  good advice as usual.  The front end is made from what looks
like a piece of 5 inch schedule 80 pipe.  The mounting bracket and
everything is different.   It looks like someone did it in a shop but it's
not jack leg work.  If it is a one off piece who ever made it was a pro.  I
have never seen one like it on an Allis.  It came to my mind that the
tractor was orriginally a narrow front and someone adapted an axle from some
other brand of tractor to it.

He has the stock sized rear tires on it and with this axle it sits up high
in the front end.  I have a set of 14.8's (or is it 14.6) on mine.  Those
would look good on this one.

I don't think he needs the money.  He is just tight and figures the 135 is
worth the difference between 55 and 25.  This guy has 4 pickup trucks and no
one to drive them but him!

Charlie