[AT] another Allis Chalmers question

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Tue Apr 6 04:59:37 PDT 2004

I suspect that the muffler Valu-Bilt has is a Stanley. According to what
has been discussed on the Unofficial Allis-Chalmers discussion board, it
works ok, but doesen't have the sound of the Nelson orginal. I wouldn't
know the difference, myself, having never heard an original D-series
tractor run. Most of the Stanley mufflers don't do much as a muffler
anyway as the ones I've seen are straight through with some perforations
in the pipe that is within the "muffler" body. I do know that I wouldn't
want to spend all day plowing on my Farmall M equipped with a Stanley
muffler without some ear protection..

Phil