[AT] Whitley County auction album on ATIS Image Depot

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sun Apr 4 17:25:14 PDT 2004

    George and Cecil;
    Ellie and I went to the Wapakoneta sale Saturday and it
didn't even rain. Wasn't very muddy either.
    Had a very good day. I bought a Homelite XL2 chainsaw for
$13.00, a set of 15.5X38 duals ith hooks and an extra set of
tires for $5.00, 2 good 18.4x34 tires for $90.00 and a 275
gallon fuel tank with a pump for $1.00. Also got a small
plastic toolbox, for the front of my gooseneck trailer to use
for a chain locker, for $7.00.
    Farmer would have had a good time at this sale. Things were
really selling cheap. Lots of farm machinery and miscellaneous
items too. Many items didn't even get a bid. They only sold
about 15 tractors and no Cubs were there.
    There were 3 auctioneers working and I was constantly
running between them to watch different items and missed out on
a lot of the things I could have bought.
    I didn't take the trailer this time, but was close enough
to go home and get it and get everything home before dark.
    It was a fun sale and a really nice day for it.

                                    Gene

: Cecil,
:
: I'm a slow learner, but I do know this much... If Gene comes
to an auction,
: you can expect rain.  If he brings Ellie she will bring good
luck.  They
: were both there in the rain when I bought the last Cub a
couple weeks ago.
: They were both there last Labor Day for the famous deluge at
the SCRAP
: auction too.
:
: George Willer