[AT] Whitley County auction album on ATIS Image Depot

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Apr 4 14:55:31 PDT 2004

> Excellent collection of pictures Cecil. It looks typical of a wet weather
> auction. Parking can be real fun here too when its a choice between the
> shoulder of a gravel road or else the cultivated field. If we are lucky
> there will be a grassy old pasture which helps.
> I was curious about picture 072. That dual exhaust pipe tricycle front red
> tractor is one I can not identify. It looks like a 5 letter name beginning
> with W. Looks to have a down draft carburetor too. I'm guessing its a
> Chrsyler industrial flathead six.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

	I appreciate the compliments on the photos, Ralph. I am not too
satisfied with the quality of the photos but left several in there anyhow
that were not quite sharp enough as I had no substitute for them. I have
a new Olympus camera and am still getting used to the small size of it.
It is nice to have a shirt pocket camera but they are not like the large
full size cameras I am used to.

	That tractor in image #72 is a Wards, Ralph. Other than that, I
have no information on it but I imagine someone else will.

	And yes, it was an auction in the rain and mud and typical of a
lot of spring auctions. I didn't go to buy anything this year - maybe
next year. I know one thing for sure, next year I'm bringing a trailer.
Gene Dotson had his there this year and said he would take care of a tractor
for me if I bought one but I wasn't really prepared to buy. I have to admit
I did not expect that amount of rainy weather either.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson