[AT] OT Question OT

Carl Tatlock carllary at Surfglobal.net
Fri Apr 2 11:53:21 PST 2004

DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:

>I would just trash the whole thing and go down to Circuit City and get a new
>one. Even the cheapest thing on the shelf would be a great improvement and you
>would be surprised at the low cost these days. By the time you spend a bundle
>on new software you will be half way there.
>
>Walt Davies
>Cooper Hollow Farm
>Monmouth, OR 97361
>503 623-0460

I agree Walt.  I just did that Richard, and am running XP and REALLY
happy with it.  I asked  the same question you did to the list a couple
of weeks ago--- almost all the replies said GET XP!  Get a Dell.
Computer alone these days with lots of power and good solid stable
program is around 500 clams..   Guys I know who used to put them
together say thay can't do it for that price today.== they suggested
buying off the shelf, too.

I like XP-- it is easy to use -- a lot like manuevering  a Lincoln after
haveing driven Fords. :-D    The thing looks a lot like 98SE so it
doesn't mean learning a whole new language to run it.