[AT] V belt quality?

asouth42 at embarqmail.com asouth42 at embarqmail.com
Mon Jun 5 06:12:01 PDT 2023

Sources for Dayton Belts:   https://www.google.com/search?q=dayton+fan+belts

Or: Google DAYTON FAN BELTS

From: AT <at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com> On Behalf Of Bill Brueck
Sent: Sunday, June 4, 2023 11:25 PM
To: Antique Tractor Email Discussion Group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: [AT] V belt quality?

I run a Woods mower on my Deere M.  Have bought quality belts from a local bearing/belt/etc. supplier for 43 years now, costs a little more but the quality has been noticeably better than the occasional belt that I bought online or from the big box farm supply store.  Alas, my supplier has gone with a cheaper line of belts and they don’t last at all.

How would folks rank the common V belt lines?  I used to get PIX belts from these folks, they held up OK.  Current line is D&D, I had trouble with that brand before when I bought online.  Dayton used to be the standard belt on the farm when I was growing up, haven’t seen that brand for some time now.  I’m also seeing Vermeer and Snapper belts online.  I’m not finding Woods belts, maybe I have to go to the local dealer for that brand?

B²

Bill Brueck

   Pine Island, MN USA

www.avg.com