[AT] Keep your guard up

Spencer Yost Spencer at rdfarms.com
Fri Jun 2 08:01:43 PDT 2023

One of the recurring techniques in phishing expeditions is to send an email that looks like it arrived from a mailing list you are a member of. It usually looks very authentic because they typically grab a copy of a real message from the archives and add their sketchy attachment and then send it your way.  But if you drill down into the “from” address, you can tell is NOT from the mailing list.

No public list is an exception to, nor impervious to, this phishing technique.  As you might expect, The antique tractor list is not an exception.

I just got one this morning and it reminded me that it’s probably time for another PSA on this topic.

Stay safe!

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone