[AT] Residual fuel in gas pump hose

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Wed Feb 15 16:15:41 PST 2023

Thank you, all.   The “1/3 of a gallon” reference in the video Brian VanDragt cited makes me think, okay, probably wouldn’t notice any difference in how the chainsaw runs if I had that mixed in with 2/3 gallon premium.   I think premium is overkill anyway… pretty sure the chainsaw manual only specifies mid-grade rather than premium.   But I’ve been doing it this way for years without the slightest trouble with chainsaw engine performance, so I’ll stick with it.

On the subject of trouble with chainsaws, although I haven’t had fuel or engine-running problems I can say for certain chainsaw performance suffers when you forget your saw is in your front-loader bucket while using the bucket to shove in the ends on a big brush-pile fire.   Over the years I’ve tested that theory twice, and I’m here to tell you it ain’t recommended.

Dean Vinson

Saint Paris, Ohio