[AT] OT - Log splitter engine

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Thu Jul 28 07:24:04 PDT 2022

Hi all,
List seems really slow lately, so I have a question about my wood
splitter. It's a Huskee 22 ton, with a Briggs and Stratton 675, 190cc
engine. I noticed the other day that it had oil leaking from the bottom.
At first I assumed it was hydro fluid, but it turned out to be engine
oil that was leaking from where the muffler is bolted to the block. I
took the muffler off and cleaned the surface, looked for sources for the
leak, and found none. It still leaked and this is without the engine
being run for about a week. I snuck a piece of cardboard under it, and
the leak is still active, muffler area is wet again. I checked the oil
for overfill, and it is fine, air cleaner is fine, but a little dirty. I
pulled the spark plug and looked in the cylinder, everything was OK,
_except_ there was a puddle of clean oil in the bottom of the cylinder.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, This splitter is only about 7 years
old and has maintained well, and housed.

Best regards,
Mike M