[AT] AT Digest, Vol 54, Issue 4

STEVE ALLEN steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Wed Jul 20 13:44:44 PDT 2022

I have had very good results using the method Dean suggests on carb screws.

The "original" Steve Allen

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 16:53:30 +0000 (UTC)
From: Dean VP <deanvp at att.net>

It would seem to.me that this situation should follow the same logic as getting brass plugs out of a carburetor.? Heating them up will loosen them so much that I've been able to remove them after they have cooled with just my fingers. My suggestion would be to use an acetylene torch with the smallest tip.you have and heat the broken off part to just before it changes color.? Then use a reverse drill whatever size creates resistance.? It might just turn out by hand. I would not recommend using an EZY out.? They expand the broken off part and just create more tension.