[AT] OT-Insurance question - Truck repair

Brad Loomis brad.loomis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 10:11:13 PST 2022

Keep in mind that if you pay the deductible and have your ins. pay for the
repair, they quite possibly will jack your rates up to where you may be
better off paying the entire cost out of pocket. One of the sad realities
of insurance. I tapped a toyota minivan and my licence plate frame left a
bit of a scratch on his bumper, he filed a claim before I could even offer
to pay him cash. Since it was $1200, absurd, over $1k in damages, an
insurance cut off line apparently, my rates almost doubled. Pissed doesn't
even begin to cover my feelings towards insurance companies.
Brad