[AT] OT - Rooster and hens

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Feb 8 21:02:51 PST 2022

We have several friends that have kept - and continue to keep - chickens for years and have heard that story.  You mention the hens are young but is the roster young?  An older roster doing this ends up as Chicken Catchetorri.  Sometimes separating a young rooster from the hens ( but within eyesight) gives it a few months to realize that the hens  are his friends/lovers and to take it easier on them.

That’s the stories I’ve heard from close, reliable narrators.  No direct experience so take it with a grain of salt.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone