[AT] Grain cart ID (JD?)

Stuart Harner stuart at harnerfarm.net
Sat Aug 6 15:32:45 PDT 2022

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help identify this grain cart? John Deere based on the color
but no other info available. There are some rivets on the back wall that
looks like there many have been a data plate there but it is gone.

Previous owner claimed they were going to restore it but lost the rear
gear box and output auger. They had removed the rusted out bottom and
had a new pan made for it. Then installed it without so much as a primer
coat, then sat it outside for several years before selling to me.

My intention is to use it for corn stove fuel storage so the vertical
auger is not so important. I figured I could fab up some kind of housing
with a gate that I could fill 5 gallon buckets from. The auger is in
rough shape and there is no bearing in the front but there is a ring
with 3 mounting bolts. I can fab up a bearing holder to replace that.
Figured I would cut the end off the auger and turn a new shaft to fit a
bearing.

At some point I might search for the gearbox and vertical auger IF I can
find out what to look for.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated,

Stuart