[AT] OT- 2010 Ford F150

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:00:45 PDT 2021

According to Nada Guides, there was a 4.6 V8 and a 5.4 V8 in model year
2010, and in model year 2011 they changed to a 3.7 V6 and a 5.0 V8.   Sorry
but I don't have a lot of input on the problem.  Clogged catalytic
converter is definitely on the list based on the symptoms.  Fuel filter is
another guess.  Apparently there's no Check Engine lamp?  I am still trying
to think how oil pressure could play a role.  It shouldn't be able to get
high, as there's always a relief valve in there somewhere.  What if that
failed... what would high oil pressure do?  Well, really really stretching
here but if there's any variable valve timing arrangement on that engine,
they sometimes actuate it with oil pressure...

SO