[AT] Engine Bore vs Stroke

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Wed Nov 24 06:42:20 PST 2021

I finally got a chance to take a look at this one...brilliantly
explained - tells me why the 1930-1960 2-cylinder Deere engines held the
Nebraska-test records for specific fuel consumption for so long.

I well remember a discussion with an old-time mechanic neighbor, who
took a very dim view of modern short-stroke engines - he once said
"These new engines don't make stroke any more, just ripples."

Thanks Ray, and Happy Thanksgiving to the list!

Mark Johnson
Columbia MO
JD H 17616 (built 1940 but may be considered a 1941 model-year tractor.
I never officially checked)