[AT] Diesel Fuel Question

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 02:23:40 PST 2021

That is definitely worth consideration, Spencer.  In my case, I'm quite
friendly with the employees at our transfer station.  I've run quite a
large number of truckloads of brush (several dozen, over time) down there
to the brushpile/composting operation, and they got to know me well.  I
almost-not-quite got my own key to the place. I'm getting off on a tangent,
but, that is one reason I don't burn brush.  For a while there while we
were clearing land, I was producing more brush than I would have the time
or patience to burn.  I pile it in the pickup and pack it down with the
loader bucket until I've got a sizable load, and they usually help pull it
off with their backhoe. Anyway this is a waste-oil story. They tell me that
the hauler who picks up their tank periodically is selling it for burning,
not re-refining.  This makes me pretty comfortable with hiding a gallon of
diesel in, oh, probably 10-ish gallons of used motor oil (I have a bunch of
2-gallon jugs I use to collect my waste oil).

If all goes well, my co-worker who has done a lot of brush burning in the
past has more ahead of him, and he will take it.  I'll find out when I get
to work this AM.

SO