[AT] Cub Fuel Tank

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Nov 11 06:42:40 PST 2021

I had a trailer mounted15KW generator that had problems with rust in the
tank.  If you pulled it down the road when you got on site you had to
clean the fuel sediment bowl after running 30 minutes. We used it for 4
days during the 2001 Ice storm and had to add a gallon of Methanol to
the 30 gallon tank to prevent carb icing at 3am...  I sold it and when
it got on site the new owner had problems and I had to take it back.  I
pulled the tank an when it drained, the methanol allowed it to dry
immediately.  I got my shop vac with a 1/2 inch pipe adapted to go
through the inlet and sucked all the rust out.  It looked shiny inside
after the methanol...

Cecil