[AT] Backpack leaf blower

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sat Nov 27 15:33:04 PST 2021

So my lovely wife was out blowing leaves the other day with my backpack
blower, and it ran out of fuel. She mistakenly filled it with straight
lawnmower gas, and after a bit it started to stumble and then quit. She
came in to tell me about it and ask what the problem was. When I looked
at the tank I noticed there was no blue tint in the gas, and I asked her
what can she filled it from, and she pointed to the gas container I use
for my zero turn. I told her that was straight gas, and she needed to
use the 2 cycle mix, that is in another red 5 gallon can, honest
mistake. She claims I told her to use that fuel, when I know I did not.
I used it today and it will run for about 5 minutes and then sputter out
and die, like it's running out of gas. It will restart, but then the
same scenario starts all over again. Is their any chance of saving this
engine? Maybe a higher oil/gas ratio? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mike M