[AT] To oil or not to oil pre--filter

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Thu May 27 11:58:03 PDT 2021

Personally, no, I do not oil the foam if it's sitting on top of a pleated
paper filter.  It's only there to catch the big chunks.  On a mower, it
gets all the long pieces of grass and other macroscopic-sized stuff and
leaves the paper filter to do its job on the micro stuff.  In that
prefilter role, oil doesn't help.

SO