[AT] history of PTO's on tractors

HERBERT METZ metz-h.b at comcast.net
Sun May 23 13:27:41 PDT 2021

We had a corn binder(pulled by our two mules) and used it until mid 1940's when we accumulated enough money for a 14' x 40' silo. Bundles of corn were hard to access when frozen to wet ground or snow and ice, and cattle ate the leaves but not the dry stalks. No waste to silage, however sometimes hard to pitch down the open chute when strong winds seem to blow back more silage than what had been thrown down the chute. Herb(GA)