[AT] Bush Hog

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Tue May 11 17:06:11 PDT 2021

Hey Guys, I have a question.  I have an older John Deere Bush hog. I
believe it's a 720 model. I bought it at an auction for $400 bucks and
have used it for 5 years so it doesn't owe me anything. I use it to mow
pasture, not hard use. I'm sick and tired of replacing shear pins. Upon
further inspection the shaft out of the gear box has become ob-longed
over the years, which allows the shear bolt to have some slop in it. Do
I drill out the ob-longed hole and use a larger bolt or what? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
  Mike M