[AT] Air conditioning problems In my parts getter...

Brad Loomis brad.loomis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:50:30 PDT 2021

In the trade one always uses nitrogen. Co2 has moisture, bad in sealed
systems. Of course you're supposed to evacuate to <500 microns but...
I once had a13oz. R-12 system that I never found the leak. From 150psi
nitrogen to my brand new, then, Inficon leak detector.
Check your Schraders after you put the caps back on. You may be surprised.
Why I preferred leak finding after I moved to NH3. Easy, save for having to
cut the skin off a double stainless jacketed 155,000 gallon tank. But the
leaks were always in the same areas.
Brad