[AT] Lawn mower carburetors are a piece of cake..... Wrong

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 14:54:54 PDT 2021

Cecil,
    I've had marginally good luck finding Shindaiwa parts on Amazon. String
trimmers will drive you to insanity though; always been that way. Back when
WD-40 was worth a crap (and I was a small engine guy for a lawn service
going through college) we used that as starting fluid for 2-strokes and it
was pretty decent.
More recently I had an old Echo that was getting the best of me and I just
coupled a cordless drill on the crankshaft because I got tired of pulling
the rope. Spun it over awhile until I got it to pop and run. It had spark
but fuel was the problem. It ran long enough to realize it wasn't going to
be hand-startable and it finally got replaced; the new carb and plug didn't
help and I got tired of fighting with a 30 year old two stroke.
My neighbor uses racing fuel so it doesn't go bad; he recently fired up his
dirt bike (KTM?) that had been sitting for 2 years and it lit right off. He
never even changed the fuel out; he just took it to the desert and ran the
hell out of it. Can't do that with normal gas these days...

Ken in AZ