[AT] Goodbye 430V - and more

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sun Jul 18 20:04:13 PDT 2021

On 7/10/21 5:06 PM, Spencer Yost wrote:
> <...anip...>
> Been a real busy 8 days but I should be in shape for second cutting
> when I return and get a good weather window.  Well - maybe.   I need
> to buy a haybine.   Yea - sold mine in May.  But will have to leave
> that crazy story for another email.

Here is that "another email"......

Not being a genius 100% of the time, I decided - like a big dummy - that
I wanted a drum mower.    Saw folks from a distance zipping around
fields with their drum mowers and looked like just the thing.  Plus my
467 was getting long in the tooth and was probably poised to really
surprise me with an exciting meltdown some day soon. Little did I
realize it was the Ford that was going to do that...  Anyways, I decided
to sell my my 467 haybine and then buy a drum mower.   Found a nice one
I could afford on the used market and had the owner demonstrate it for me.

I had no idea those things scalp your pastures.

Am I the only one that didn't know that?   No damn way am I am cutting
my hay field at just 1-2".    3-4" is what most grasses - at least in
this area - need to stay healthy and put on the next cutting of growth
within a reasonable period of time.

So I was back in the the market for a haybine.    Kinda sucked since I
had a one back in May that was still operating fine. However I finally
found a very nice one close by  - a NH 477. Not exactly a lot newer but
in MUCH nicer shape than than my previous 467.

Pictures to follow....

--
Spencer Yost