[AT] Snow and the 620

Aaron Dickinson a_dickinson at att.net
Wed Feb 17 12:43:04 PST 2021

My sisters both live in the Dallas Texas area and are enjoying the frozen pipes, rolling black outs, and unfit roads (like has been said, the municipalities are not equipped to handle the snow and ice). Evidently Texas has converted 25% of the energy to wind and solar and the wind turbines are iced up/frozen, and the batteries are only 60% capacity due to the cold. They still have coal power plants as backups, but they have been offline long enough without upgrades that they can’t be run under current standards. One of the nuclear plants had to shut down because some safety sensors froze.

Aaron Dickinson
Mason, Michigan