[AT] Cold cold weather in Oklahoma

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Wed Feb 17 08:14:53 PST 2021

I feel for you guys with temperatures so much below normal. We hit -46F
one morning last week (northwest North Dakota) and had windchills of -40F
to -50F most of the week
but at least those wind chills are not
that unusual for us.  We set some new records for the extended
periods of those cold temperatures but when we were -20F with no wind
and my uncle at Broken Arrow, OK had -20F wind chill I'm sure I was more
comfortable. I fought with some frozen cattle waterers this week but have
them back open now.
I am glad the 1086 started instead of having to
use the Oliver 1950 with no cab!
We finally got above zero yesterday
for the first time in almost two weeks and its already 2F above this
morning!
We are going to be desperate for runoff to fill stock dams
come spring but feel blessed that we were not fighting snow along with the
extreme temps.

On Tue, February 16, 2021 8:20 pm, Cecil
Bearden wrote:
> On top of all this, we have rolling blackouts due
to the massive power
> demand and the shortage of gas to power
generators etc.  It is so cold
> the salt water freezes in
the natural gas lines before it gets to the

separator..     The blackouts may be 1 to 2 hours,
but some have had
> it
> off for more than 8 hours.
If you are on a well and running water to
> prevent lines from
freezing up, the well freezes over..  Yet in all of
> this
mess, the Chesapeake Energy arena is warm and lit for an NBA game
> played to an empty stadium....   This is all due to the
Southwest Power
> Pool   SPP...

Cecil

wrote:
>> Cecil, I'd been tempted to complain about the +14
degree air temperature
>> here today, but then I read your post
and thought better of it. :)