[AT] OT-Windows 10

William Parris william_parris at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:39:57 PST 2021

If this is a Dell Latitude E6520, Dell does not provide any drivers for
Windows 10.  It is likely that you can use the Windows 8 drivers that Dell
provides.

Based on the processor and ram, you should be able to run Windows 10 20H2 64
bit on it if the Windows 8 video driver works.

If this laptop were mine or I was servicing it for someone else, this is
what I would do.

1.	Download Active@ Disk Image Professional 10 Trial installer &
bootable CD.
2.	Install it and create a bootable CD ISO and possibly a bootable USB
drive (I have not done the bootable USB.)
3.	If you create a bootable CD ISO, then download VENTOY and install it
on an appropriate thumb drive.
4.	Place the bootable ISO on VENTOY.
5.	Active@ Disk Image will be a trial, but the bootable will continue
to run after the trial period is over.
6.	Uninstall Active@ Disk Image Professional Trial and download and
download and install Active@ Disk Image 10 Freeware.
7.	Make a backup image of your hard drive using Active@ Disk Image onto
an external USB hard drive.
8.	By having a backup image of your drive, you can always boot the
bootable Active@ Disk Image you created and use it to restore your hard
drive if something goes wrong in the Windows 10 upgrade process.
9.	Download and run the Windows 10 installation from within Windows 7
to upgrade your computer.
10.	You may have to download drivers from Dell using Windows 8 drivers
if all devices and video are not installed.
11.	ASSUMING YOU MADE IT TO THIS POINT WITHOUT PROBLEMS; I would
download and install Open Shell (free).  This will allow you to have a start
menu close to what you are used to under Windows 7.

If you have any further questions, just ask.

William

  _____