[AT] Allis B progress - Monday

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Mon Feb 8 13:48:58 PST 2021

Today I made a significant step forward - I got piston #2 to move, and then come out. I used some heat on the piston, and then after all of the old penetrating oil had boiled and burnt off, I put some more penetrating oil on the outside of the piston. Started beating on the piston both wood block and hammer, and the piston started to move. Turned block over, and the hammered on back of piston until it came out. Rings are still stuck on that piston, but may come out after some slow work on them.
Now I need to get hone up here to hone the cylinder walls, and get my valve spring tool her so I can disassemble the head and see what that looks like.
Overall things look good enough that I might be able to go back together with same rings and bearings, but need more cleaning before I will know for sure. Now I just need to do a lot of cleaning, and order a few parts like head gasket, and whatever else I decide to replace.
Not sure if I want to pull and replace freeze plugs, so I can clean crud around the outside of the cylinder walls, or if there is another way short of dipping entire block in cleaning solution.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad