[AT] 800 Ford tractor 3 point

Carl Szabelski c.s.szabelski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 17:00:20 PST 2021

It is a Farmall H, but I have one way cylinders, pressure up, gravity down.
I agree that the reservoir is small, but I should be able to raise the
loader and the 3pt independently by pulling the lever partially, or fully
back. I believe I have an internal seal leak in the pump which does not
allow me to direct the output. Removing the pump is no easy task and the
repair kits are costly. The tank I’ll eventually add will give me 5 gal of
fluid and the controllers will allow me to raise and lower both
independently or at the same time. They’ll also be mounted near the
steering wheel for ease of operation. I’ve also got a live hydraulic pump
that mounts in place of the distributor and runs off of the timing gear. I
just have to verify that I’ve got the hardened timing gear, or will have to
be careful that I don’t max out the pump and strip any teeth off of the
timing gear. I can then use the belly pump for some other purpose without
having to disconnect the loader or 3pt, like feeding a small log splitter.

Carl