[AT] JD 40 question

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 10:43:48 PST 2021

The serial number tag is on the right side of the engine block. A distributor would be original, but the alternator is not. I don't know what they are going for, probably not much. Brian
-------- Original message --------From: Brad Loomis <brad.loomis at gmail.com> Date: 12/18/21  12:50 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Antique Tractor Email Discussion Group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com> Subject: [AT] JD 40 question Howdy and Merry Christmas to all of you on this great list. I've recently changed my dog walking route and low and behold a mere 4 blocks from me is what appears to be a relatively  pristine unrestored 40 wide. It's in someone's driveway and doesn't appear to have moved in a good while. It does have an alternator and a distributor which I don't think is original, but the grille is mint, other than patina-ed, all is straight, tires not bad. Seat is trash as is the steering wheel. Is the data tag on the axle? Google hasn't been helpful in location. It really has my interest... Photo next time. Approx. value?? Brad