[AT] Cecil's Big Toys?

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Dec 4 05:43:15 PST 2021

Herb:

It was a 35 ton rough terrain crane.   I have rebuilt one of the
steering cylinders and need to rebuild the other.  I bought a parts
manual and a service manual for it off of Ebay.  Then found that on
cranes, parts manuals need to be purchased from the manufacturer.  Not
only are they about 1/2 what the sellers on ebay are asking, but they
are specific to the machine.   Cranes are ordered by selection of axles,
engines, drums, etc..   I hope to get it going after the first of the
year.   I would like to get my 2 storage containers moved up closer to
the house and put a roof between them..

This is my busiest time now as my clients all wait until the end of the
year to have me do their inspections.  I also need to get my Caterpillar
Trackhoe put back together after the fire it had. It never seems to
end.   I spent the last 3 days working on my Arctic Cat atv only to find
it has to go to the Arctic Cat stealership to be connected to a
proprietary computer to diagnose the problem.  I think the Electronic
control unit is bad,  That is a $500 part.  Ethanol gas and the emission
crap is what is driving the push for electronic fuel injection.  I have
2 EFI 4 wheelers. I bought them both brand new.  One only has 12 hours
on it.  It only has lights on the dash.  It has to be connected to the
computer to diagnose why the warning light is on.  I just replaced the
fuel pump that had liquified due to the ethanol gas.  It seems to be
flooding.  I really think I will get rid of all the EFI engines around
here and stick with the old carbureted units.

They say that aggravation in life prevents Alzheimers disease.  I should
be good for another 2 lifetimes!!!!

Cecil