[AT] Bad Gas in my ATV wheelchair

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Dec 1 22:27:40 PST 2021

I spent most of the day with that Arctic Cat VLX today.  It would not
start, so I took the fuel pump back out of the tank and found that I had
connected the wires backwards.  This has happened before.  Europe and
Asian electrical wiring use black for the positive and other colors for
the negative.  The US uses Black for negative and Red for positive.
The new fuel pump was make in China and it came with a plug that fit the
new pump instead of the spade terminals on the old.  When I spliced the
new plug wiring in I connected red to red and black to black.   I had to
switch the terminals in the plug.  Now it runs and seems ok.  However,
it has one idiot warning light that stays on.  When I researched the
service manual I found that it has to be connected to a Arctic Cat
Computer to check what is causing the warning light.   The computer is
only $1800 on Ebay or at Amazon...   When I said something about that,
The Arctic Chat forum Admin threatened to remove me from their list and
all previous posts.  I was told I had an adolescent attitude because I
didn't want to pay $1800 for a computer to diagnose it or pay the
dealership $12 5/hr with a 2 hr drive to get there...   If that is all
it takes to get their admin stirred up then I think they are too thin
skinned for me....

Cecil