[AT] MF35D lift

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Thu Dec 23 12:47:40 PST 2021

I finally got my lift to work on my MF 35D. Not sure what I did to fix it, other that remove the cover, and re-install it 7+ times. Last time I inserted the oil riser tube before the cover - It may be a bit on the short side and missed going in the hole/socket properly.
Anyway, glad that it works now.  Brought it to shop I manage, and used it a bit to try and spread some gravel.

Now the question is which toy shed tractor projects are next:
JD B that is not getting spark from the mag,
or JD 420 that needs a new ring gear, and some hydraulic repair yet to be known - a new pump, or valve issue, not sure. Previous owner told me it was valve issue, but I checked the pump and did not get much pressure until the discharge was choked down significantly. Not finding any pumps for sale yet, which is where I think I need to start on the hydraulics.
Or Case D - needs fuel tank cleaned, rims, tires, TLC
Or Case 444 - needs carb, or maybe engine swap with 2 cylinder engine. Ethanol fuel caused something to come out of tank and gum up carb.
Or 1950 Jacobson - needs spark,
Or Hustler Fastrax SD that needs new engine
Or Hustler Super Z that needs new choke cable, and then move to cabin when the other Hustler gets engine replaced.
Or JD 60 that needs a lot - anyone looking for parts tractor??
Or widen trailer so I can haul JD 730 home

Tractors at shop:
I have the Cub running with temporary fuel tank, trying to clean the original fuel tank - got 1 spot soldered up, so that should be just a matter of time.
AC B - waiting for me to have more free time at shop to work on this. Need to get a vice set up in small shop to help hold pistons when I clean ring grooves.

Tractors at Oklahoma cabin
IHC 2504 - working, needs some TLC and time too install lights
MM U - just sitting - need new rims and propane valve/regulator
JD 154 mower - needs TLC - was running

Tractors in Kansas
F20 - needs TLC, rims, tires, overhaul, etc. Locked up now
JD A - needs overhaul - engine issue when I purchased it.
Alice WC - may purchase, but it needs some work also - been setting for years
Thinking about looking for steel wheels to put on something so I can have a tractor to use in the hedge (Osage Orange) areas with the nasty long thorns

Thankful I have projects to choose from, and that I am still able to work on them.

Merry Christmas,
Dennis

Sent from my iPad