[AT] tractor electrical question--I think its fixed!!!

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Fri Aug 27 21:10:37 PDT 2021

Glad the problem is solved and more than happy to keep the list going.

Analog ignition systems can be a real PITA.  This spring I decided to start up the Pacer after sitting for seven or eight months (surgery and all). No go. A quick spark test at the plug and I was getting no spark. “Hmmmm” I thought.  I just did a tuneup two years ago, I guess the points need to be filed. So I filed the points and still no go. I chased my tail around and round and even used my “call a friend” card (Thanks Brice).  I finally decided that maybe I didn’t do a good job filing the points. Filed the points a little bit more and “presto”:  No problems.

Do they even sell points files anymore? Mines getting pretty grungy and worn.  I think it’s the same one I kept in the glove box of the last points ignition vehicle I had.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone