[AT] tractor electrical question

Carl Szabelski c.s.szabelski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 06:58:13 PDT 2021

https://cdn.compknowhow.com/carterandgruenewald/wiring_diagrams/IH%2054-74-84%20SERIES.pdf

John

Don’t know which version of the above link applies to your tractor, but if
you look at the first sheet, the battery goes to a contact on the cranking
motor, and then from a second contact to the coil. When putting a wire from
the battery directly to the coil, you’re bypassing the cranking motor. I
would check out the cranking motor and it’s associated contacts.

Carl