[AT] O.T. Disgrace

cgs oxygenfarm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 07:27:42 PDT 2021

Can't we work together to handle problems? It is easy to jump on a bad
situation for political (cheap shot) advantage, but what good does that
do for America?
As usual, there's plenty of blame to go around, 20 years worth, from a
decision to occupy a nasty country thru last year's deal and into
today's rescue mess.

On 8/22/21 9:30 AM, Dean Vinson wrote:

> My understanding from reporting on “The Hill” website is (1) federal
> law requires passengers to reimburse costs of chartered flights, which
> in normal circumstances seems reasonable, and (2) Dept of State will
> not enforce it in this particular circumstance.
>
> The trouble with politics is that it’s easier and more politically
> advantageous to take one-sided simple-soundbite views than it is to
> recognize the complexity of real life situations.
>
> Better to take the one-sided simple-soundbite view that my John Deere
> 620 sounds better than my Farmall Super M.  Unless, of course, I’m
> using the Super M, in which case the Super M sounds better than the
> 620.   Dang that complexity!
>
> Dean Vinson
>
> Saint Paris, Ohio

Charles G Stocker