[AT] Mystery port on Super M water pump

Carl Szabelski c.s.szabelski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 14:28:01 PDT 2021

Dean,

I remember reading about an after market kit of some kind that provided a
plug on the side of the water pump, don’t remember exactly what for. At one
time people were adding homemade cabs to their H’s and M’s and would pipe
in heat during the winter. But that would require a return line somewhere.
Is there another plugged fitting where the thermostat mounts to the block?
I believe that’s where I remember reading the return line was supposed to
be. Also remember reading something about adding a return line to the upper
radiator hose for some reason using some kind of T fitting.

I would venture it isn’t for a block heater since it’s an elbow and pushing
any heating device into it would not result in getting in it deep enough to
do any good. Even if it was some type of flexible heater, you wouldn’t want
it installed where the rotating parts are.

Carl