[AT] Hay making

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sat Sep 5 13:56:55 PDT 2020

Rather than brush hogging my field this year, I had a guy hay it. It's
not big, but it was big enough for him to hay it with a 4430. He got a
first cutting that yielded 5 round bales. He's yet to get a second
cutting due to the dry summer we've been having. He is going to cut it
one last time however, now that we've gotten some rain. Normally my
field would be to small, but he cuts some larger fields about 1/8 of a
mile away. It's nice not to have to brush hog it, and the hay goes to
good use, he raises beef cattle.

Mike M