[AT] Tractor Pulling

STEVE ALLEN steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Thu Sep 24 11:52:20 PDT 2020

In my reply to Dean, I might have come across as harsh on tractor pulling.  I thought I should clarify my thoughts.

First of all, if it's your tractor, do what you want with it.

Second, I sort of enjoy watching pulling IF the tractors are antique/classic and not modified.  It can be fun watching the various marks vie for the title.

But the fun is instantly lost if the tractors are modified.  The question then is no longer which brand or which style of tractor can win the day but rather how much money the owner has to create a Frankenstein's monster.  I just have no interest in them personally.

There are only so many antiques and classics left.  I prefer to see them preserved.  I don't mean put on a shelf--I like to see them used but not abused.  Preserved means stock, or nearly so (if original parts aren't available), not hot-rodded or morphed into something else.

Just my two cents, long after the end of the gold standard ;-)

The "original" Steve Allen