[AT] Geez Bo

Bo Hinch bohinch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 05:31:13 PDT 2020

Ben Terry
@BenTerryKPLC
<https://twitter.com/BenTerryKPLC>
Not a good trend this morning as landfall is now expected closer to the
Creole/Rutherford Beach area in Cameron as a category 2 hurricane late
Friday afternoon or early evening. Finalize your plans today and if you are
going to evacuate, you need to do so by this evening
This is latest from KPLC TV in Lake Charles , La. . Creole is due south of
Lake Charles by about 30 miles as the crow flies and I am about 11 miles
west of Lake Charles . From what I have been told , there is not much left
in Creole since Laura hit and after this one passes , probably all one
would see is torn up trash that once were beautiful homes .
During Laura , KPLC TV transmission tower ( about 350 feet tall ) got blown
over on top of the station . It was a huge well built structure but
couldn`t stand the tornadoes that struck it and that is one of the main
reasons so much gets torn up .
We finally got our yard finished up Tuesday from Laura although we have
many broken limbs in our oak and pecan trees . Maybe this one will flush
them out and I won`t have to rent a manlift to cut them from their hanging
places .
So , getting ready for round 2 after just getting electricity and internet
services restored ( yesterday Oct 7 ) first time for internet since Aug
27th.